GOOGLE READER IS SHUTTING DOWN?!

by - 3/16/2013



I read online that GOOGLE has announced that it will be shutting down Google Reader on July 1st. 

According to Claire Porter (technology editor of news.com.au), "Reader allowed users to create RSS feeds of their favorite news sites or blogs and scan the top stories of the day all in the one place. The seven-year-old site is being killed off due to "declining usage", Google announced on its blog this morning. The killing off of Google Reader has been met with outrage. People have taken to Twitter using the #SaveGoogleReader hashtag, determined to keep the site alive. 

Google however, remains adamant that the service will end come July, no matter the outcry.
Alan Green, Software Engineer at Google told News.com.au, "We know Reader has a devoted following who will be very sad to see it go. We’re sad too."
This can't be! I'm quite disappointed because I've relayed on Google reader so much, for gaining followers and to follow other blogs. 
If any of my readers are interested in continuing to read my blog I suggest using Bloglovin'.

Either that or what Google planned, through Google+.

I've already followed all the people I'm currently following through Google Reader on Bloglovin' now. 

You can easily do the same if you have a Google Reader account. Just make a Bloglovin' and click the import button in settings.

You can also follow my blog on Feedly (A fast and stylish way to read and share the content of your favorite sites).

Thanks! :)

Image source: via heraldsun

You May Also Like

1 COMMENTS